Full Written Recipe – Veg Hyderabadi Nizami Handi
For Quick Makhani Gravy:
3-4 medium sized tomatoes
2 Nos. Green chillies
1 inch Ginger
4-5 cloves of garlic
8-10 cashew nuts
1-2 Bay leaves
A pinch of salt
500 ml water
• Set a pan & add all the ingredients into it. Stir well & cover & cook for 10-15 minutes on high flame. We are prepping a quick makhana sauce to be added later on in the preparation. Restaurants have this ready in their kitchens.
• If the makhana gravy would have been for a butter chicken kind of preparation, some more ingredients would have gone into it.
• Once done, cool down & grind into a smooth paste.
For the boiled veggies:
A pinch of salt
½ tsp turmeric
250 grams Cauliflower
100 grams French beans
100 grams Carrots
100 grams Green peas
You can add any veggies as you like!
• Set water to boil & add some salt & turmeric.
• Boil the cauliflower in the boiling water on high flame for 5 minutes.
• Now add the other veggies & cook for another 3-4 minutes. The veggies should be cooked only until 80-85% done.
• Strain & set aside until added into the gravy. You can replenish the veggies with cold water to stop the cooking process.
• Tip: You can blanch the spinach in the same water which is to be used in the recipe later on.
For Cashew paste:
25-30 cashew nuts
Water to boil
• Boil the Cashew nuts for 8-10 minutes & grind them into a fine paste.
For final cooking:
Ghee 2 tbsp
Jeera 1 tsp
Ajwain 1/2 tsp
4-5 Green cardamom
1-2 Bay leaves
Cinnamon 1 stick
Chopped onions 3-4 medium sized
Gg paste fine 3 tbsp
1 tsp Turmeric
Chopped tomatoes 3-4 medium sized
Salt to taste
Red chili powder 1 tbsp
Jeera powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tbsp
Garam masala 1/2 tsp
Add the cashew nut paste
Add the quick makhani gravy
Add the boiled vegetables
Chopped green chillies 3-4 nos.
Julienned ginger 1 inch
Add boiled veggies
Blanched & chopped spinach 1 bunch
4 tbsp Fresh Cream
1 tsp Kasuri methi
Fresh coriander as required
• This recipe is a rich preparation & ingredients like ghee, cashew paste & malai are important & Also the preparation takes some while.
• Set a vessel on the flame, preferably a handi. Add oil & ghee into it. Let the fat heat up & then add ajwain & jeera into it & let them crackle.
• Now add in the whole spices & cook the spices until fragrant on low flame. Make sure the spices do not burn.
• Now add the chopped onions & cook on medium flame until the onions are translucent.
• Now add the ginger garlic paste & cook until the rawness of the garlic has gone.
• Now add the turmeric powder & cook for a couple of minutes.
• Now add the chopped tomatoes, salt to taste & cook until the tomatoes are mushy.
• Now add in the powdered spices & cook well. Keep the flame low at frist so that the spices do not burn, you can also add some hot water to cook the spices easily.
• Cook well until ghee is released.
• Now add the cashew paste & cook well for 4-5 minutes. Remember to stir continuously otherwise the cashew paste tends to stick to the bottom.
• Now add in the makhana gravy & cook again for 4-5 minutes on high flame.
• Now add the boiled veggies, blanched spinach, we had cooked the veggies until 80% done. So now just cook them for 4-5 minutes. Or until the veggies are done.
• Lower the flame & add the cream, toasted kasuri methi & mix well. Do not overcook or else the cream, will release its fat.
• Finish with fresh coriander & serve hot.
• I paired it with some roomali roti which goes really well. Cheers!
The Music I use in All my videos – https://bit.ly/3g4OjmW
(Best for independent creators)
Follow us on all platforms:
Facebook – https://goo.gl/rxrqsq
Instagram – https://goo.gl/rK6wFS
Twitter – https://goo.gl/lDfrrQ
Follow my personal handles here: (Chef Sanjyot Keer)
Facebook – https://goo.gl/8zcF6N
Instagram – https://goo.gl/ayTNLP