there are many delicious and nutritious foods that have little to no sugars or carbs. Let’s discover the top 15 of these amazing foods!
► ► FREE BOOK + FREE DOCUMENTARY EPISODE: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS:
Gain a world of knowledge about the diabetes epidemic and discover what you can do to lose weight and fight diabetes!
When combined with a balanced diet and a bit of daily exercise, these foods can help put your body on a healthy path.
1) Beef is completely free of carbohydrate content, it contains a good amount of iron and vitamin B12. Plus, it’s a great source of protein, supplying upwards of 22 grams per serving.
2) Eggs are a vital part of cooking, be it for breakfast or for your mixing bowl. Eggs are rich in protein and have little to no sugars or carbs. In addition, they contain several key vitamins and minerals.
3) Kale is one of the most nutritionally-dense foods on the planet! Just 1 cup of kale contains well over 100% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin A and vitamin C.
4) Bell peppers are a bit higher in carb content than some other foods here, but, just like kale, these flavorful veggies have a vast assortment of vitamins and other beneficial nutrients.
5) 1 avocado also includes about 15% of the daily recommended intake of potassium, which can help regulate insulin levels.
6) The sugar amount of asparagus is low, with its high fiber amount helping your body manage the carb load. Importantly, this tasty, antioxidant-rich seasonal vegetable is low in calories but supplies plenty of nutrition.
7) Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that has just 4 net carbs per cup. But it’s loaded with fiber, vitamin C, and vitamin K. Vitamin K may help to reduce insulin resistance.
8) 1 medium-to-small sized tomato contains just 18 calories, as it’s mostly made of water. In fact, tomatoes are basically 95% water! Tomatoes are also loaded with other beneficial nutrients, from Vitamin C, to folate, to potassium.
9) Zucchini is rich in antioxidants, including BETA CAROTENE, which can reduce oxidative stress and protect against certain brain disorders.
10) Chicken contains beneficial nutrients, from zinc, to iron, to vitamin B12 – and it even contains TRYPTOPHAN – an amino acid that may increase serotonin levels in our brains.
11) Spinach contains vitamin A, vitamin C, and is chock-full of vitamin K. Plus, it’s a great source of folate, iron, and magnesium.
12) Celery has high mineral contents, from zinc, to iron, to magnesium, celery actually has an alkalizing effect. This means that celery can help minimize the effects of acid foods and can create a soothing, anti-inflammatory effect.
13) Mushrooms are not only low-calorie, but they’re essentially fat-free. And, with their fiber content, their net carbs per cup are extremely low.
14) Salmon is a fish that has practically zero carbohydrates or sugar content! At the same time, this lean meat is renowned for its omega 3 fatty acid content, which has been shown to decrease inflammation and improve cardiovascular health.
15) Extra virgin olive oil will give you 40 calories, plus 4.5 grams of total fat. But most of the fat content is in the form of the incredibly health monounsaturated fat OLEIC ACID.