Banana Pudding is definitely one of my childhood favorites! This recipe is right on time for the Holiday Season and it’s over the top delicious! I hope you guys see how easy it is to make your pudding from scratch and enjoy this recipe!
Don’t forget to Subscribe, enable notifications, and give this video a thumbs up! Thanks for your support.
Shop all of my Recipe E-Books – on sale now! www.mrmakeithappen.blog/shop
Amazon Store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/mrmake1th…
Dutch Oven Pot: https://amzn.to/3lbj6Bm
Dalstrong Knife – https://dalstrong.com/?rfsn=3938400.8…
Support The Show: https://www.patreon.com/Mrmakeithappen (I host weekly cooking classes virtually)
Purchase Merch here – https://www.bonfire.com/make-it-happen
Music By: Website: www.MarcDBeats.com
Get this Knife Now at www.dalstrong.com – Use the Code “makeithappen” for 10% OFF your entire purchase!
2/3 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 cups whole milk
4 large egg yolks
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 box Nilla wafers
1/2 box Lorna Doone Cookies
16 oz cool whip
6 bananas-chopped into quarter inch slices
1 cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1/2 cup cream
1 teaspoon sea salt
Splash of banana liquor (optional)
* In a medium saucepan whisk together sugar, cornstarch, salt, milk, and egg yolks. Cook over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally (every minute or two), until the mixture is bubbling all throughout. The cooking process is the important step to getting the pudding to thicken correctly.
* Once bubbling, continue cooking for one to two additional minutes, whisking once or twice, but not too vigorously (this can break down the binding properties). At this point the pudding should be thickened but still pourable, it will thicken more as it cools.
* Remove from heat and whisk in butter and vanilla extract.
* Transfer the pudding into a large bowl. Cool until it is lukewarm, then cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for several hours or until set.
Caramel Sauce Instructions
1. In a sauce pan, heat the sugar on medium low heat until it’s completely melted. Stir the sugar gently every so often, making sure the sugar doesn’t burn. The sugar will start to form clumps before melting slowly. This process may take several minutes.
2. Once completely melted, remove from heat immediately and stir in the butter. Adding the butter will cause the mixture to bubble quite a bit.
3. Pour in a splash of the banana liquor and mix (optional)
4. Next, pour in the heavy cream and add the sea salt. Stir until everything is combined.
5. Pour into small bowl or cup and allow to cool completely before using.
I poured the caramel in a squirt bottle after cooling completely to make drizzling the caramel easier.
1. In a serving container of your choice, start by spooning 1/3 of the pudding mixture to the bottom and spread evenly with a spatula.
2. Next, top pudding with a layer of Nilla wafers. Fill in spaces with crumbled Lorna Doone cookies.
3. Next, top cookies with a layer of banana slices.
4. Add a layer of cool whip over top of the bananas and spread evenly.
5. Drizzle caramel topping over whipped cream layer.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 until container is filled.
7. Top with cookies, bananas, or whatever is desired to decorate.